Dr. Deborah MacNamara presents to parents, educators, and helping professionals on child and adolescent development. The focus is on making snese of what is happening behind behaviours. The goal is to make headway based on developmental science. Best practices in the home, classroom, and clinincal setting are offered based on insight, research, and experience.
It is about holding onto the details while still being able to see the big picture. It is about taking the developmental pulse of a human being and determining if growth is on or off course and determining what is getting in the way.
"It is a way of seeing a child, a teen, an adult, or parent, and making sense of behaviour, emotions, learning or relational issues at a root level and from the inside out." (Rest, Play, Grow)
Popular presentations include:
* Emotional development and well-being
* Challenges with anxiety, attention, resistance, frustration, aggression, attachment, listening
* The power of play in human development
* The roots of resilience and why relationships matter
* Raising kids in a digital world
* Preschooler and adolescent development
Dr. Deborah MacNamara is counsellor and scientist; storyteller and teacher; guide and change maker.
She works internationally to make sense of kids for adults who care for them believing this to be the path for transforming families and communities, society, our world as a whole.